Test: Air New Zealand from Shanghai to Rarotonga via Auckland.

Tråd i 'Reisebrev' startet av Aussie74, 20. des 2015.

1. Aussie74

Aussie74 United Airlines Million Miler

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    To all my Norwegian readers:
    This review will be written in English as I have Air New Zealand crew, staff and it's media reading it.

So after many years of flying Air New Zealand from London to Melbourne via Los Angeles, it was up to the test flying on their Boeing 787-9, 777 + 767. But really what made me go to The Cook Islands was this safety video:

Knowing that Air New Zealand flew here, it was a no brainer! Rarotonga...here I come!
    In Shanghai I was met upon a flight that went technical. Sadly I knew this would bring me
    to Rarotonga with a severe delay. Nonetheless, all of us were well taken care of with meal vouchers and hotel accomodation. The next day the crew were full of energy and met us all at the aircraft which stood on the tarmac. While becoming such good friends with the crew the day before, I was met by name and a hug. Couldn't have been a better welcome!
    So here we go: Welcome aboard Air New Zealand.

I'll start off with this link for you to browse about its classes:

http://www.airnewzealand.com/dreamlinerflyhappy/en#!/home

The amazing Dreamliner bound for Auckland
    NZ1.JPG
    NZ3.JPG
    NZ4.JPG
    NZ6.JPG
    NZ7.JPG

The awesome crew letting me take pictures
    NZ8.JPG
    NZ9.JPG
    NZ10.JPG
    NZ11.JPG

NZ12.JPG
    NZ13.JPG
    NZ14.JPG
    NZ15.JPG
    NZ16.JPG

Honestly, I'm not really into gourmet meals, but hey....it was nice.
    NZ17.JPG

But the ice cream was very tasty!
    NZ18.JPG

NZ19.JPG
    NZ20.JPG

Welcome to Auckland and here is the 767 bound for Rarotonga.
    NZ20A.JPG

2. Aussie74

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    On board our flight for Rarotonga, we were yet again met by the most amazing crew. Big smiles and the upmost of service one could offer its passengers!
    NZ21A.JPG I was seated in Economy on the flights between Rarotonga and Auckland, but seats were comfy, meals were really good and the entertainment system was outstanding.
    NZ22.JPG
    NZ23.JPG
    NZ24.JPG
    I find it so fascinating flying over the Pacific Ocean. Something about it that always makes me take pictures :)
    NZ25.JPG

NZ26.JPG Heading back home and here the 777 going back to Auckland just landed.
    NZ27.JPG
    NZ28.JPG

I found it quite funny with 39999 feet ;)
    NZ29.JPG
    NZ30.JPG
    NZ31.JPG
    NZ32.JPG Back in Auckland just waiting for the flight back to Shanghai. It was a gruelling 6 hour wait, but hey, it was bearable with the lounge and shops to kill time with.
    NZ33.JPG
    NZ34.JPG Again......such an amazing and cheerful flight crew!
    NZ35.JPG

NZ36.JPG
    NZ37.JPG Games, lots of games!
    NZ39.JPG So many movies!
    NZ38.JPG Gotta love the flip out screen.
    NZ40.JPG

3. Aussie74

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Last but not least, here are pics of the sleeper seats. I have to admit, once folded down to become a bed, it was just so comfy. The fact that there was a thick mattress that you rolled out to lay down was just top notch. Though I have to admit, it was a bit strange too getting out of your seat to then push a button to make it into a bed. Other airlines do have the seat which becomes a fully reclined bed with the push of a button and without getting up. The entertainment system was just amazing. Easy to use, clear touch screen, just the best I've ever come by. Some airlines have bigger screens, but these are often fixed and can not be moved. However, with Air New Zealand's screens, they could be folded out and adjusted to your desire.

NZ41.JPG
    NZ42.JPG
    NZ43.JPG
    NZ44.JPG
    NZ45.JPG
    NZ46.JPG
    NZ47.JPG The mattress which you fold out.
    NZ48.JPG
    NZ49.JPG
    NZ50.JPG
    NZ51.JPG
    NZ52.JPG With the touch screen you could order whatever you liked. Alcohol, sodas, sweets, you name it!! Loved it! :)
    NZ53.JPG Why not chat with those that you met on the trip! Never come by that before.
    NZ54.JPG
    NZ55.JPG

....and that basically concludes my experience with todays Air New Zealand.
    It is truly an amazing airline and I can definately recommend it to anyone wanting to fly wherever you and they go to.
    I'm not the professional photographer, but I hope what you see make you consider NZ.
    Thanks for watching :)

4. hkallevik

hkallevik Nytt Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Awesome!!!! Touch for å bestille drinker, og ikke minst å kunne chatte med andre ombord må jo være genialt :) Bra bilder, og rått Reisebrev :D Bilder sier mer enn 1000 ord, bra noen har forstått det :) Ser så å si aldri at noen andre fra dette forumet er inne i cockpit!!

Aussie74 and kuckyjr like this.
  5. RoadKing

RoadKing Helt hekta

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Nåja, det har jo Norwegian og :)

Aussie74 liker dette
  6. Herlov

Herlov Poengsanker InsideFlyer Ambassadør

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Takk for super rapport! :D

Aussie74 liker dette
  7. John in The Tower

John in The Tower Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Kongerapport!
    Det er en grunn til at jeg giftet på Cook Islands. Magisk plass!

Aussie74 and RoadKing like this.
  8. kuckyjr

kuckyjr Nytt Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Kjemperapport! Meget fin og bra lesning. Bildene tyder på en herlig reise :)

Aussie74 liker dette
  9. Earl

Earl Veteran

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Flott rapport. Utrolig mye fine bilder og god beskrivelse som gjør at det absolutt frister å teste ut Air New Zealand :)

Aussie74 liker dette
  10. Aussie74

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Tusen takk for fine meldinger, likes og svar :) Det gir glede...en god jule glede!
    ...og til @John in The Tower , jeg skal også fikse en rapport om Aitutaki. Jeg var også på den lille øya der du helt sannsynligvis giftet deg. (der folk satte ned et tre)

11. elgaaen

elgaaen Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Jeg fløy min aller første intercontinental (LHR-LAX) med Air New Zealand i 2008, i en herlig moden 747.. Kombinasjonen av jomfrutur til USA, Jumbojet og det faktum at de hadde seatet hele flyet med ledig midtsete (få passasjerer men digg at de gadd) gjør at jeg fortsatt skryter av Air New Zealand...

Aussie74 liker dette
  12. John in The Tower

John in The Tower Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    You got that right!

Aussie74 liker dette

Del denne siden