Ny SAS app - erfaringer

Tråd i 'SAS EuroBonus' startet av Tore, 20. aug 2022.

1. snus_mumrikken

snus_mumrikken Eventyrar

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Do you have any plans to implement LTG counter and status in the app? This will encourage people as well. And would be nice to show also when it’s reached like on the webpage.

Jorge liker dette
  2. magnusant

magnusant LTG

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Sent a request to get the link to ios beta this Saturday, anyone know how many days I can expect to wait?

3. Eddie47

Eddie47 1D

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Jeg fikk linken på under en 1/2 time ..

4. kiev

kiev Ex Spært

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I can confirm it works at least as well on a recent Mac as on the iPhone!

Massimo liker dette
  5. kiev

kiev Ex Spært

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I have another pretty please question for the iPhone special wishlist:
    The FT and boarding gates have built-in RFID readers that tend to trigger the Apple pay function. When this happens, the Wallet window pops up in front of the boarding pass QR code. The gate obviously refuses to open, and we are left standing there looking like complete newbie idiots.
    Since the RFID antenna on the gate is placed low and near the person, whilst the iPhone RFID antenna is placed at the top of the phone (for “tapping”), the way to trick the gate is to sort of slide the phone downwards slowly until the QR code is read by the gate camera, and hope that happens before the RIFD is in range to pop up the wallet window.
    Still not neat looking. Believe me.
    So the question: would it be possible to place the QR code as far down as possible on the phone screen?
    That would avoid some of the more embarrassing moments when you are first in line and holding up 150 passengers behind you, trying to fumble the QR code back in focus.

Thomas123, kjasel, jonss and 3 others like this.
  6. Upsaker

Upsaker Fastboende

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Do you use the wallet function for boarding cards? I haven’t had any trouble with that the last couple of years and I think it’s because I have added the boarding card in wallet and scan it from there.

jonss and kiev like this.
  7. holmen

holmen "Ung" og "lovende"

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    The same thing happens on my Pixel 5 from time to time..

kiev liker dette
  8. Nordlands

Nordlands EBD

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I just flew from a new (to me) airport, after flying in with another airline, and I noticed that in past trips the airports count increased, but the airport is not showing on the map. Apparently the map is only showing destinations? I think it would be nice if departure-only airports were also shown on the map with just a dot and no number; Then the number of dots would match the airports count and the numbers in the dots would still match the flights count.
    Screenshot_2022-10-05-21-09-50-17_8b40e964f8dcef8995656117ea24251c.jpg

Kjetil L liker dette
  9. kiev

kiev Ex Spært

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    The sensitivity to trigger the Wallet pop-up varies from phone to phone, and I obviously got an over-sensitive one. The critical parameter is the distance from the top rfid antenna to the QR code. There isn’t much difference in that distance between the wallet stored boarding pass QR, or the old app QR, or this new app QR position. Putting it all the way down on the screen might solve the problem. (Or the new 14pro I ordered might be less sensitive, but I won`t know until end of the month :oops:)

10. lohelle

lohelle EBD

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I just stopped using Apple-pay because of the RFID-reader stuff. Also popped up if boarding-pass was placed in Wallet.
    If you delete all payment-cards from Apple-Pay it will stop happening.

11. oleredv

oleredv Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I really enjoy this new app, it gives us more information in a good way compared to the old one!

However: Noticed a strange thing today. I am currently in the US and am returning tomorrow. But the return legs are not showing in the new app. It only shows the next trip which starts from Norway on Monday. In the regular SAS-app everything shows as normal.

12. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Yes, those travelers are surely important to us so I would say we should have this in the app as well. We still have a lot to do but let's hope we can do this soon. We have a long tale of issues to stabilize first.

I hope we can pick this up soon.

holmen, snus_mumrikken and Upsaker like this.
  13. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    We just answered, sorry huge email backlog :)

magnusant liker dette
  14. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Hi, thanks for this note, I agree this is painful and not acceptable for the reason you mention while standing in a queue (it happened to me too).

The good news is that we have requested Apple an entitlement to disable Apple Pay when that screen fires up, I hope they will approve. They came back to us saying that we should be using the Apple Wallet instead but we want to let user decide whether they want to use the wallet or our native boarding pass. We are escalating this to our Apple contacts, so I hope it gets sorted out soon. Anyway if it does it will be when we update the current app with the new one.

On a side note, we started asking Apple if we can actually find a way to use Apple Pay to bord the plane in the same way you do on ground transportation. Meaning that you tap your phone on those readers. That will be very cool. We just need to send the EB number and our backend could find the boarding pass.

eisa01, tobeornot999, EndreD and 6 others like this.
  15. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Correct, if you are using Apple Wallet you won't have this problem. The problem is when you tap an unlocked phone on an NFC reader it expects a Payment and fires up Apple Pay flow.

Upsaker, magnusant and snus_mumrikken like this.
  16. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    This is already fixed and will be pushed to 0.0.15 which you will receive in a few days :)

Skarven, Nordlands and snus_mumrikken like this.
  17. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Looks like I have to fly to the US to test the app :)
    We probably have an issue with local time and display the wrong flight. Will find a way to reproduce it and we will fix it.

oleredv and snus_mumrikken like this.
  18. snus_mumrikken

snus_mumrikken Eventyrar

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    The app is a really good product @Massimo and I have to say to be beta it’s surprisingly good. Well done! Keep up the great work.
    A few bugs I notices today.
    • The app was showing boarding completed, but myself and another passenger still not onboard. And a third one with no show.
    • The awesome feature to track baggage has issue with timing, I attached screenshots here
    • A7593097-F458-4E0C-B7BD-DBD9321CC279.jpeg 7961A8A8-3154-4597-9234-204C08C6156B.jpeg

Skarven liker dette
  19. magnusant

magnusant LTG

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Glad to hear the explanation for the apple pay popping up.

This might have been mentioned before, but it would be nice if the lifetime gold status appears under "me" as it does when logging into the sas webpage

Also, interesting sorting on past trips.
    11D7AD6E-3442-4E9B-8629-9629CFE64272.png

Last edited: 06. okt 2022
  20. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Hi,
    thanks for the feedback it helps to put even more energy to make this better.

When it comes to "boarding" that is based on passing the gate not actually entering the aircraft. We only see when you scan the boarding pass. So if you have seen "boarding completed" it means actually "passed the gate" in some cases as you know we have lounge boarding and we have remote parking, so it's true you are not boarded. I am not sure if that is your case but I am happy to investigate if you can create a ticket in the app I can check what happened.
    In regards to the time in UTC about the bag tracking, that is already fixed and it will be made available on release 0.0.15 which shall reach you in a few days.

tobeornot999 and snus_mumrikken like this.

Del denne siden