Ny SAS app - erfaringer

Tråd i 'SAS EuroBonus' startet av Tore, 20. aug 2022.

1. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Hi, we can find the booking automatically only if you were logged in at the time of booking (even if you were not in the booking) or if your EB number was entered successfully. If you made the other booking while you were logged in and it was not visible immediately, please raise a ticket and we will check

2. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:

Not sure why the past trip is not showing up, we made a fix early today, not sure if it was before or after your post, we have a hard time debugging this as we can't reproduce the issue. Anyway, we will check more tomorrow.
    Regarding the booking not appearing, we are making changes to allow to retrieve booking even if there is not an SK segment (as long as we have the right to retrieve it from the other airline), but it's a bit of work so we might need some time to get this done.

Please find a bug also for the upcoming trip missing sometime, when it happens next time.

Upsaker liker dette
  3. Skarven

Skarven Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Fantastic to see @Massimo in this forum. He is also extremely fast to reply on e-mail. Only 8 minute to respond from [email protected] is amazing!

Future tips for the app:
    - SAS/Star Alliance lounge guide based on location or airport
    - Walking distance to gate from current lounge based on location
    - More data on airborne planes
    - Travel tips from airport to city center
    - Estimated waiting time in security control, fast track and normal
    - Possible to set default favorite seat. Booking will automatic give you the seat if available.

Maybe some of this topics already is inn, I have not full control of all the comments in this thread :)

tobeornot999, haifinn, markus and 3 others like this.
  4. Eddie47

Eddie47 1D

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Hvordan i all verden finner jeg historiske flygninger i eple-appen?

5. NorFlight

NorFlight Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    «My trips»-fanen —> Scroll helt ned, så skal det være der…

6. Rapolo

Rapolo Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    @Massimo one anoying thing, which is not app specific, is that for some bookings with long layovers the same day or overnight layovers, the booking overview do not recognize the whole outbound/inbound as one 'trip'.
    Currently I've a booking with outbound routing SVG-LHG-BOG-PTY-SDQ where SVG-LHR-BOG show as trip 1, BOG-PTY show as trip 2 and PTY-SDQ show as trip 3. The whole inbound SDQ-BOG-LHR-SVG show as trip 4. It would provide a better overview for travelers if your system could show outbound as trip 1 and inbound as trip 2.

Another thing. I tried to book award tickets in the app. When I select the flights and press 'continue' to proceed with the booking an error shows up with 'Please provice a valid currency code'. Also I can't see that my Fly Premium discount is applied to the price (at least not at this step of the booking).

markus liker dette
  7. Are

Are EBD - Eurobonusekspert? InsideFlyer Ambassadør

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Merk at dette kan være fordi reisen er booket slik.
    Spesielt om man booker mer kompliserte reiser kommer de opp som 3 eller 4 reiser selv om det er kun tur retur.

Rapolo and Skarven like this.
  8. Rscott

Rscott Veteran

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Hi, being award trips I had to be logged in to use points. I just made a couple of dummy bookings, and the same thing happens. Both bookings show up in the old app, but only mine in the new one. Both bookings are also available at sas.no. I can leave the bookings active if you think it's worth raising a ticket for.

Last edited: 27. sept 2022
  9. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:

Hello! All great ideas! Inline!

- SAS/Star Alliance lounge guide based on location or airport
    Yes, it's in the backlog to show the list of Star Alliance lounges and their ammenities, when it comes to the airport maps we could add static images of the Star destination, what is challenging is having those maps dynamic based on your location as it requires us to buy this service, which could be expensive. But for sure images and list of lounges.

- Walking distance to gate from current lounge based on location
    Yes, this information is delivered by airports, some of them have that info and make it available to us, and some others don't. That said we are planning to map each of the gates of our main hubs (ARN,OSL,CPH) and key airports from both security and lounge. So I think it will come.

- More data on airborne planes
    Yes, I think we are missing our wet lease operators Link, Connect, City Jet, X-Fly, ... but we asked for the data so i think it will come.

- Travel tips from airport to city center
    You mean ground transportation, right? Yes planning to add the train service for now as we have interfaces available for the main hubs, again we could integrate with external services but it will increase our costs so if we find a business model (selling the tickets) it's viable.

- Estimated waiting time in security control, fast track and normal
    Yes, we are working on getting the main airports OSL, CPH, ARN

- Possible to set default favorite seat. Booking will automatic give you the seat if available.
    Happy you ask for this, I was about to ask the forum about it. It's technically possible, what we don't know is how to handle the different a/c types (without making it too complex for the user), I mean on a CRJ you might not want to be in the first row close to the propellor, on a 320 you might want to have window seats, on a 330/350 you might have a different choice. Also on single-aisle aircraft, we are moving the curtain according to PLUS ticket booked so your preferred seat might fall into a different price category than your ticket (if you bought a GO). We can surely allow you to set a preferred seat and we try to select it if it is available, if you are not allowed to get it (busy or different cabin), we just inform you and you can select another one. Viable? A simpler solution is to put a higher level rule, windows seats, aisle, ...
    Another option that I think could be nice, is to check when your open up a booking in the app whether you have a PLUS ticket with free of charge seat and open the seat map (if you don't have a seat selected) immediately so you can select the seat you would like.

pgaa, magnusant, Insomnia4u and 6 others like this.
  10. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Hi, this was solved on 0.0.14, is your app updated?
    Could you create a ticket so we can check? Please add the PNR.

Massimo

11. Rscott

Rscott Veteran

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Hi,

Yes, I upgraded to 0.0.14 prior to the latest test. I will go ahead and create a ticket.

12. NorFlight

NorFlight Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Interresant «feature» at du på siden om flyet for flighten får opp dine tidligere turer med aktuelt individ:cool:

Dette likte jeg:D

0816A381-841A-4BDC-AB31-922DA0BF86B2.jpeg

AE805563-F7F2-43BA-9260-FC749E6AF460.jpeg

13. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Travelers!

we are working on expanding the capability of what internally we call MMB (Manage My Booking) which is the trip view screen. Specifically adding a menu to let content scale with secondary information (and action) about your booking, this includes:

- booking info
    - warnings connected to your booking
    - "hide" remove booking when is added manually
    - cancel / rebook
    - add to the calendar.

We will start with booking information, which prints details that could be useful in some use cases. Things like booking classes, ticket number, what type of booking it is (cash, points, TP, ...) status of the reservation (confirmed, waitlisted, ...), and date of creation of the booking.

upload_2022-9-28_6-52-35.png

Also, do you feel placing "cancel" and "rebook" in the menu gets those features too hidden? We would like to reduce the cluttering and focus on primary actions on the main MMB screen, so wondering if moving cancel and rebook under the menu could make this hard to find.

Thoughts?

markus, themichael, Rscott and 2 others like this.
  14. Henrik

Henrik Hellas-sympatisør

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    At least move them higher up than Add to Calendar and Share, that would make more sense and increase visibility.

Considering the clean UI, the reservation status text seems out of place. I assume this will be the “raw” status text, so putting it in a “technical font” would as I see it help visually tell me that this isn’t part of the table with a value missing to the right, and would also underline the technicality of it.

upload_2022-9-28_9-1-20.png

tobeornot999 and Kristian like this.
  15. RoadKing

RoadKing Helt hekta

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I'd say that when the flight is flown, the entire "reservation status confirmed" could be replaced by "flight is flown" (when you have flown, there is no point in stating the obvious)

themichael liker dette
  16. Eddie47

Eddie47 1D

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Litt synd at historiske flygninger ikke går lenger tilbake enn 2013 og at ikke alle flygninger med SAS billett 117-xxx er med.

Da blir det jo under 1000 flygninger på 9 år ..

17. Brukernavnet

Brukernavnet EBD

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    The Past Trips initially did not work when i updated to 0.0.14 two days ago, but today it works :)

18. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Yes, it's a good idea! Will do like this. We should probably be able to print no-show if you are confirmed but not showing up.

RoadKing liker dette
  19. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    yes, we had a date parsing issue which was fixed right after, so it shall work now.

Brukernavnet liker dette
  20. NorFlight

NorFlight Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    @Massimo One thought regarding the history of flights on the specific aircraft... I saw after I posted the last post the the flight was back in 2019. Would it be more useful to include the year also in the presentation? I know you get it when you go into the past "booking", but for me it would have been interesting to get it even in the list view...

Del denne siden