Ny SAS app - erfaringer

Tråd i 'SAS EuroBonus' startet av Tore, 20. aug 2022.

1. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    It's real-time data, there are 2 things here. One is the push when boarding starts, to send the push we are waiting for 3-4 passengers who scan through the boarding speed gates before, we do this as sometimes gate agents do some pre-boarding, people with disabilities, unaccompanied minors, and special needs.
    The boarding progress instead counts the percent of checked users vs the ones who are "boarded". Note that for boarded we mean a user who has scanned the boarding pass at the gate when we have lounge gates on some long haul flights from Arlanda the boarded is determined by when you access the gate lounge, not the aircraft, there is no other way for us to determine you are actually inside the plane without putting sensors on all a/c.
    That said there is a lot going on here, scan has to happen, data from the airport has to be sent to us, we need to store it count and send it back to your device and the app has to parse it and display it. so there could be a few points of failures including the phone connections.

Lillegutt and RoadKing like this.
  2. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Sorry we screwed up but we also fixed it now

holmen liker dette
  3. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Folks!

Sorry for my late response time in the past few weeks, but we had hell over here, you might have heard about the cyber attack. But again this forum shall be my first read in the morning, right?

I wanted to update you on what we are working on and get feedback:

- in-app upgrade bidding module, allow you to bid straight from within the app for your upgrade > candidate for 5.3 if testing goes well
    - chat for Diamonds member > test ongoing, will release this progressively but it shall come fairly soon
    - Standard Award cancellation in-app
    - Apple watch > developing not ready for 5.3 but we start testing it this week
    - Dark mode > it looks really sexy actually, I wouldn't have a bet. Can't wait to show you in a few weeks
    - Seat selection in check-in flow before check-in
    - Ability to buy ancillaries in check-in flow for GO travelers > I know
    - Corporate net fares > we started today (for those of you having corporate programs)
    - Better marketing offers on the home screen when there is no trip booked
    - Wifi one click > hard to test for us from the office, but hopefully it will come soon.
    - LTG badge to feedback you are a LTG
    - Show the 2x1 coupons on the profile wallet
    - Earning points map on shops > will start next week
    - In-app registration > not started yet but next in line
    - Single and Double Open Jaw >

You must have seen this already in 5.2, just in case you missed it:
    - in-app self-service delay baggage reporting tool > the only feature I wish you don't use unless you are coming back home
    - what is included in your ticket
    - better home screen performance
    - NFC entitlement, now the boarding pass doesn't get overridden
    - Show events at destination (ticket master)

Also we have a few other things we are sketching:

- Low Price Calendar
    - Trip Planner > allow adding itinerary in a bucket so you can share a few alternatives with friends or colleague before you decide which one to pick up
    - Ability to display the queue time before calling customer service
    - Inbox > display the list of all push notifications you have received

Also, I think we should have a "download receipt" from past bookings right?

What else do we miss?

/massimo

Lillegutt, Kristian, jonss and 19 others like this.
  4. cothom

cothom Aktivt Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    @Massimo - can you have a look at these issues, please? App version 5.2.1 for Android

5. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I can check, can you create a ticket from within the app so I can find your logs and debug them?
    Assuming you have push notifications on for those services under settings.

6. snus_mumrikken

snus_mumrikken Eventyrar

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    What about SAS bonus finder and Star award booking within the app?

7. Jan Fredrik

Jan Fredrik Veteran

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Amazing, massimo!

Lots of great updates coming, I can’t wait!

A couple of things I’m missing:
    • Progress towards LTG
    • Widget on Lock Screen (show next flight number, destination and seat number (SK1477, CPH, 2F), then you can see quickly if something have happened to your flight or seat). This should be smallest widget size, could also make a medium sized widget with a bit more information (e.g. boarding status). When you click on it you should go directly to the booking.
    • Similar widget/complication for Apple Watch
    • Earned points overview (a visual representation of how you’ve earned points over the last 12 months and potentially other time periods – showing amount coming from e.g., flights, credit cards, and other sources).

kiev liker dette
  8. kiev

kiev Ex Spært

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Thanks for the excellent work Massimo! Much appreciated from all us frequent travelers.
    One question not related to the software: will the diamond chat be routed to selected staff with experience and decision rights?

chrt, democomputer, Flyrlavt and 8 others like this.
  9. cothom

cothom Aktivt Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I reinstalled the app today, this solved the missing flight log issue. Hopefully it also solved the other issued, if not I'll create a ticket :)

10. lohelle

lohelle EBD

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    My colleague sent me a screenshot of the SAS-app saying that payment cards (Apple Pay) is disabled while SAS-app is running. Is this FINALLY a fix for Apple Pay popping up and blocking the boarding pass?? I've had that happen so many times, so I ended up just never using Apple Pay because of that (so embarrassing not being able to scan the boarding pass with many people in line behind me)

democomputer liker dette
  11. democomputer

democomputer Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I have trained myself to find the correct distance from the scanner, where it can read the QR, but not NFC:) That, or add the boarding pass to apple wallet.

K

12. lohelle

lohelle EBD

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I've had the popup using the wallet too. But it looks like the SAS-app now added a block for wallet while the app is running, and that should hopefully FIX the problem. I know that you had some tricky workarounds with distance etc, but this might finally let you not have to think about it at all

Massimo, kiev and democomputer like this.
  13. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    The good news here is that Star booking in the app is already developed and it's undergoing testing. If it is all good, it's a candidate for one of the next releases.

The other great news is that Singapore Airline might be re-introduced soon, they are sorting out the commercials as we speak. Once that is done it will work in the app as well.

I'll reach out over DM if I can find a way for you to help test Star flow if you wish.

Storbaba, Frode789, Rapolo and 8 others like this.
  14. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Progress towards LTG:
    we got access to the data this week and we have started sketching the UI. So it will come in one of the next releases, there is a graph to build so it might take a few weeks. My guess is that in one month is there, but I need to confirm.
    Once we finalize the design I'll ping you over DM to validate it.

Widget in Lock Screen is done via Live Activities and we are using Firebase which doesn't give native support for it, we found a workaround but we need to test it.
    I want that badly too. So it will come. But can't tell when right now.

Native OS widget is already there, does it help? I like I can swipe quickly to get a quick overview of the booking without accessing the app. Have you tried?

Apple Watch has been developed already but we need to make it a bit sexier. Give us a few weeks to make it usable. It will have basics: flight details, and boarding pass, maybe we can enhance it as we grow the product.

Earn points overview: honestly nothing in the pipeline, but we will investigate, I think it's a good idea. We are working on adding the map on how to earn more points.

15. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Hi, it's a good question which I can't really answer. What I can say is that the chat is routed in a way where the operators receiving it knows who you are and your tier level, so I think they are prioritizing the agents and replying according to your Diamond status. I will check with customer service.

kiev liker dette
  16. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I love this question so much. It was hell, but we finally managed to get Apple an entitlement to disable Apple Pay while the boarding pass is open. It took us several months of escalation but we finally managed. So YES now if you are using the store app (not old beta) the speed gates won't trigger the Apple Watch as long as you have the boarding pass open.

I am happy that you are bring this out as it took a lot of months and documents to sign for Apple to give us permission. :)

Better if you go back to using the app's native boarding pass rather than the wallet as it is keeps being updated!

jgroneng, kiev, Upsaker and 3 others like this.
  17. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    No need anymore, problem was solved on 5.2 update :)

democomputer liker dette
  18. Are

Are EBD - Eurobonusekspert? InsideFlyer Ambassadør

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    This sounds great!

Are there any plans for multi city booking?
    We who live in the remote areas often need to have a night somewhere on outbound/return and the current search algorithms gives usually a 6am flight and overnight in ARN.
    If I could force the overnight in OSL it would be 100 times better, and given the options to avoid very short nights would be great when traveling with kids.
    These flights can be found searching segment by segment, and booked by phone, but never online. The same obviously goes for plus-tickets with layovers. Must be booked via online agency or phone.
    Also single/double open-jaw would be very useful.
    My hope would be to see 4 origin/destination searches with spesific dates. 6 would of course be even better but I will not ask for too much :D:rolleyes:

And of course, if you need beta testers for searches I'm your man! :cool:

19. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Looks like you are reading my inbox... :)

we are working on getting SOJ (return from another airport) as we speak, this likely will come within a month.
    For the Double OpenJaw we need some changes to our Amadeus connector so it will take a bit more time.

For the truly multi-trip, things can be really complex due to how pricing works, but we think we could make a dedicated flow where you add all your flights and then get a quote. So it could be solved if you ask me. Now I can't tell you when this could come as we need to new dedicated flow, but it's something I would like to solve somehow.

SOJ Sketch, works?

Attached Files:

20. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Close question:

Would you guys buy insurance from us for travel and medical or you are covered by your company, private insurance, or credit cards?

If the booking flow will force you through a step to ask whether you would like the insurance or not, will you be annoyed?

Del denne siden