Ny SAS app - erfaringer

Tråd i 'SAS EuroBonus' startet av Tore, 20. aug 2022.

1. snus_mumrikken

snus_mumrikken Eventyrar

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Yes, I’m more than happy to help testing.
    Great news that Singapore Airlines is soon back, I just manged one booking. And would be great if you could do multi city, leg by leg as well. And to allow mix of cabin classes.

Massimo liker dette
  2. Lars J

Lars J Veteran

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I think most people in here has a good travel insurance, or at least book with a credit card that gives you an insurance.

I would skip the insurance, but dont know if I would be annoyed by it or not, depends on how intrusive it is

Maybe there could be a global setting, or a tick box first time you are offered the insurance where you could opt out of it being a part of the booking process?

Last edited: 02. mars 2023
    kiev, cooolcatz and Massimo like this.
  3. chrt

chrt EBD og litt annet ...

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Hi.
    A lot of excellent work and progress that deserves medals!

Insurance: No need. I believe almost everyone who travels a little has annual insurance + are using a credit card with insurance. For business / experienced travelers this will be annoying.

haifinn and Massimo like this.
  4. kjeid

kjeid Once you go C...

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I would not be bothered by a question about extra services, as long as it is clear that is an option, and the proceed button is obvious.
    But not really relevant to me, as I have full year coverage.

One thing I do miss is the booking reference visible for the first upcoming booking. For the second and more trips, they are visible without entering the booking.
    314540A7-685C-4E3A-B837-E6BCC7498815.jpeg

And another small change I would appreciate is clearer marking of the «throne» seats in A321 seat maps.
    55BB8CCA-F58D-41D3-AAEB-9B649B97C975.jpeg

Massimo and cooolcatz like this.
  5. Staralliance

Staralliance Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I’ve encountered that the app no longer are able to show an active boarding card if the departure are delayed. I checked in noe day before departure, went through security using the boarding card in the app. After some time it became clear that the departure would be 2 hours delayed. When the delayed boarding started I noticed that the app no longer was able to show any boarding card. I contacted the gate staff, and they explained that the app didn’t show boarding when the flights are delayed. The staff had to print boarding pass in paper to everyone using the app.
    This must be something which may be able to fix.

jonss and Frode789 like this.
  6. Rapolo

Rapolo Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    First of all I want to emphasize how much I (I guess I speak on behalf of all) appreciate your presence her on Insideflyer. I think it's not only great for us to demand functionalities, but also for SAS as a company to get direct input from the users/customers.

I want to echo what others have mentioned regarding the Star Alliance booking and increased functionality. Based on my own experience booking *A, making some of this more self-service-friendly should help cut the number of calls significantly.
    - Single/Double Open-jaw will be great.
    - What you are mentioning with 'add all flights' (basically build the full itinerary) would be absolutely awesome. Even if it you require a round through your back office team for verification/calculating price and taxes
    - Another thing would be to introduce the ability to book mixed booking classes, which I assume is something that could be more of a quick fix(?), similar to United's online portal.
    - Would also like to see a wider search result as it appears to be some limitations when it comes to connections on the calendar day after arrival of the previous flight and the length of connections.
    - Would also be great if all functions included in the app also would be available on SAS' webpage as well
    - Would also be great enable seat selection with all Star Alliance partners in the app. Today it's not possible with at least Copa America, Turkish and Ethiopian (?)

Another thing:
    I have a booking where there was a schedule change, which I still has not accepted. However, in the app it appears all normal with the new scheduled time, but no 'warning' of the flight being subject to a schedule change. I suggest there should come a 'warning' line on the top of the screen saying something like 'you itinerary has changed, click here if you would like to rebook or cancel your flight', similar to what is shown on 'my bookings' online. Should also be possible to rebook in the app, now the Safari app opens if I press rebook on the booking in the app.

Again, really appreciate the good work from you and your team!

Kristian, chrt and haifinn like this.
  7. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Hi. It was a bug introduced in 5.2, already fixed. Android is live since yesterday, for iOS the app is awaiting Apple approval to be released to the store.
    It assumes you have opened the boarding pass once before Schedule Departure.

8. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Hi, thanks for feedback.

A follow-up question, about this:

"- Another thing would be to introduce the ability to book mixed booking classes, which I assume is something that could be more of a quick fix(?), similar to United's online portal."

you mean something like this:

ARN-FRA > ECONOMY
    FRA-CPT > BUSINESS
    CPT-FRA > ECONOMY PREMIUM
    FRA-ARN > ECONOMY

We are a bit limited in what we can do on Star Alliance due to the interface we have available from Star, but we know this is a pain point that generates long and expensive calls to customer service, so I agree we need to escalate it at a certain point.

9. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Hi,
    yes we will add the PNR like this and let you copy to the clipboard when you tap on it.
    Will check the throne seat.

Attached Files:

10. Rapolo

Rapolo Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Exactly, Massismo. Maybe it’s possible to get some ideas or knowledge sharing from the United team on this as they already offer the service. If difficult to implement all of *A in terms of mixed flasses, I think it will also be really helpful even if it is just for SAS-flights as I expect many of the ‘feeder-flights’ in our bookings where we ‘’accept’ economy class are with SAS. Lufthansa would also be a crucial part of this as they have some strict rules making economy class the only option in many cases if you come in with non-LH long-haul flights.
    It might be easier to start of with this piece of work for the SAS-only award bookings.

Frode789 and Massimo like this.
  11. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I have another question for you guys connected to Low Price Calendar, I know it's not a typical business use case, but after all, we all travel for leisure as well and are more sensitive to prices and flexible with dates.

Today our LPC shows one calendar for outbound and one calendar for inbound, in some cases due to fare rules on Long Haul flights the prices for inbound depend on the price you have selected for inbound, which makes it tricky to display in a good way. Also, the user is required to scan both out and in calendars to find the best price solution which is ok as it makes it flexible, you can leave on Thu and back on Sun but you could leave on Fri and back on Mon. But you need to do the math.

There is another way to do this by adding a new element to the UI which asks you the length of stay, so then we print in each cell the total round trip value which means only one calendar. More clean and straightforward. If you want only OW you select 0 days, if you are planning to stay 7 days you select that from the dropdown and the grid refreshes. When I travel I kind of know how long I am going to stay, it's either 3-4, 7 or whatever days, so by just switching the length of stay I see the total in each cell.

Maybe it shall be a setting that the user could decide to activate and support both scenarios.

Agree | Desagree or comments?

Yeah! And if you wonder we are doing the LPC in the app now...

pepperminte and chrt like this.
  12. Henrik

Henrik Hellas-sympatisør

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I'd argue that for leisure I might be more price sensitive, and to a larger extent flexible in terms of when to travel with the option to work remotely, so I would consider staying an additional day or two depending on availability of my preferred flights and pricing.

Those considerations are fairly easy to reflect upon when you have two calendars (and it's also easy to spot the outliers in price), but if I need to decide how many days in advance I want to travel those decisions won't be as easy to make.

Having a checkbox for "Flexible? Show ±1/±2 days" that would trigger the "advanced" calendar could be way to please everyone though.

Kristian, cooolcatz and Frode789 like this.
  13. XIII

XIII Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    for the LPC I also suggest being able to filter by Class for flights with Eurobonus. Sometimes I am interested in seeing only when there are flights with SAS Plus during that month, and I have to go through all of them that also (or only) have SAS Go tickets.

Frode789 and chrt like this.
  14. Rapolo

Rapolo Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I agree to much of what is mentioned by Henrik. However, one thing I find anoying when looking at LPCs and good offers (for airlines in general) with fly to xxx for xxx NOK is that you find a fairly cheap ticket to the destination, but all options for a return (including +/- a day or two) is priced way out of what I would pay. I don't think it should be an either or (showing prices individually or as a t/r), but rather as a filter/selection/sorting option for the user.

Another thing I think is worth experiencing with is that when you have the whole overview of the LPC, (ref below) we should have the opportunity to filter on weekday of departure. Could be a slicer or tick one box for each weekday so one can select prices for i.e. flights only departing on thurs/fridays as most of the cheap tickets displayed are for for Tuesdays or similar non-optimal days for leisure travel.

upload_2023-3-3_10-26-18.png

15. Storbaba

Storbaba Bitt av bonusbasiller..

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Great work, @Massimo
    @Rapolo mentioned this use case:
    - Would also be great enable seat selection with all Star Alliance partners in the app. Today it's not possible with at least Copa America, Turkish and Ethiopian (?)

If it's hard to resolve this, an extremely good help would be if the booking in the app could display the booking refererence of other carrier(s), making it way easier to access the carrier's web or app for seat reservations.

jonss liker dette
  16. democomputer

democomputer Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Thank you for listening and giving feedback to our comments @Massimo

Had a couple of changes to some bookings today, and when I click on the notification from the app it just opens the app. Would be great if it opened the relevant booking in the app.

Regards
    K

17. LL_Air

LL_Air Nytt Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:

I think a combined calender with different out- and inbound aka:
    upload_2023-3-3_14-24-13.png

are a very good way to show it.

chrt, Upsaker, kjeid and 1 other person like this.
  18. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Yes, this is a third way of doing it, it shows only 7 days at the time tho but it's worth exploring, maybe it shall be another view option, not the only one. On a mobile portrait, this one is even more challenging...

LL_Air liker dette
  19. Jan Fredrik

Jan Fredrik Veteran

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    magnusha, cooolcatz and EndreD like this.
  20. pepperminte

pepperminte Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I like how the google flights calendar does it, I can pick the departure date and the calendar updates the following days with the roundtrip price for each return date on the date itself. So I don´t have to pick the lenght in advance and it's easier to see if it's worth it to stay an extra day or leave early and so on.

Is there any possibility of a LPC with both bonus tickets and revenue tickets togheter? I am price sensitive, and at the same time don't want to waste points on cheap flights, so I often find myself checking back and forth the bonus calendar and the revenue calendar to see what gives the best value. Which brings me to basically never actually booking on the app because it's just easier to do it on the website with two tabs open.

jonss liker dette

Del denne siden