Ny SAS app - erfaringer

Tråd i 'SAS EuroBonus' startet av Tore, 20. aug 2022.

1. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Of course, it makes sense, will add that!

2. Brukernavnet

Brukernavnet EBD

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    It looks like quite a few flights are missing from past trips. E.g. on a booking with 4 flights and the EB# registered on the ticket, only the first flight show in Past Trips. Could this be related to the flights being on no longer existing aircraft? The example booking has 737-700 (Winglets) and 737-600 listed as aircraft types in the confirmation email.

Also I see that some flights listed in Past Trips don't show on the map. E.g. I have flights from EWR and VCE that are listed, but these airports don't show as blue dots on the map.

3. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Do you mind finding a few flights missing so I check why they are not returned?
    Please create a ticket from the Tech Support feature in the app.

Regarding the missing map markers, I got this question before so we might have issues, but we don't really know what's the problem. We are only showing arrival airports not departing. Could it be you flew with another carrier? Would you mind finding one case so we can check?

4. Brukernavnet

Brukernavnet EBD

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Ok, in both cases these are airports where I've had departing flights on SK, but no arriving flights, so that explains why they are missing. (But why only show arrivals? :))

Will make a support ticket for missing flights. Thanks for all the quick responses!

5. Spielhaug

Spielhaug Veteran

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I had an issue choosing seats today. I received a general error message «invalid seat», but I think it was maybe because some children was placed wrongly on an emergency exit row?
    But to be more specific, it should state which person has «wrong seat» and whats the issue. Now I didnt know which of the 5 passengers had an issue, or even which of the 2 connecting flights the issue was

6. tobeornot999

tobeornot999 Flying high

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    At CPH today, I've had three gate changes so far (all on the B pier), but the app isn't updating unless I manually refresh.

SMS messages galore from SAS, but that's rather old school?

7. tobeornot999

tobeornot999 Flying high

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    And while writing the message above, another sms popped in.

No message from either SAS app (old or new), to say what the text message did:

Screenshot_20220929_182320_Textra~2.jpg

8. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    We decided to only show arrival stations on the map assuming arrival stations are the destination "you have been" not return, but maybe it was just a bad decision and we should change it :)

9. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Hi, we are changing gates all the time (as you just explained) and now we are sending the gate changes too early and some of them are not relevant and might just confuse you, so we will be changing this to only send them if STD < 1 hour which is roughly when you need to have that information, now we have 4 hours.
    Not sure about the update, we do offline caching now so we print from the cache and update as soon as the client check for new data, we will try to reproduce this issue but it's a complex case for us to test. Will try harder!

Yes I agree SMS is old fashion (and expensive for us) but it gives a broader reach for those users not using the app or not having internet connectivity abroad. But I agree we should find a way to let users decide how they want to be notified.

Frode789, magnusant, Upsaker and 2 others like this.
  10. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Yes, this is a use case not covered at the moment but it will. We have 2 delay scenarios when we have an ETD (Estimated Time of Departure) and when we have a NewInfo. In this case, we don't have an ETD, we only know we will be publishing new info at a specific time.
    We are working on including this in the app.

Frode789, jonss and tobeornot999 like this.
  11. Chrisljo

Chrisljo Veteran

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    @Massimo This might be a bit off topic, but for the booking flow have you ever considering grouping options based on for example longest or "last" leg.

Fore example, if I want book OSL-EWR and there is no direct flight, I want to see which primary options I have, i.e. which long haul flights can I connect to. Whether I take the 09:20 or 10:00 to Arlanda doesn´t matter that much, it is the ARN-EWR leg that defines the journey. So I would like to see that shortest or cheapest version and then a way to adjust it if I so desired. The same is somewhat true for journeys like BGO-CPH-FCO.

12. Brukernavnet

Brukernavnet EBD

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I would prefer to show both arrival and departure airports, or at least have the option to turn on departure airports if only arrivals is the default.

13. snus_mumrikken

snus_mumrikken Eventyrar

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I fully agree, sometimes I book one way tickets as well. And maybe a combination of cash one way and points for the return.
    Have done this several times where I don’t know the return date.

14. Are

Are EBD - Eurobonusekspert? InsideFlyer Ambassadør

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I have noticed that flights are ranked by the first flight of the PNR, not the first flight to be flown.
    I have several flights which overlap and the one wich has the first outbound is always on top.

This also affects the next flight feature.
    Today my next flight is not the one shown, but actually an earlier flight.
    I take it is because the PNR is still valid due to return on a later day.
    Screenshot_20220930-152550_SAS Travel.jpg

15. Skarven

Skarven Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Some more ideas for the new app @Massimo This is "in air" ideas.

1. Play games together with random passengers / SAS friends om the same airplane (Chess, travel quiz and other games)
    2. Watch a selections of movies/news without internet, only onboard WiFi.
    3. Auto connect WiFi/internet for Diamond and Gold members :)
    4. Countdown to arrival after take off
    5. Order food/snacks and pay in the app. (this may me mentioned earlier)
    6. Timezone and sunrise/sunset based on current position.
    7. Outside temperature :cool:

Thanks for the possibility to be involved in the development Massimo!

pgaa, tobeornot999, markus and 2 others like this.
  16. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Hi, I am not sure if I follow 100% but isn't it what we are trying to do here via the filter? You would like to be able to rank by duration faster to longer, right?

Attached Files:

17. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Ok, let's add both arrival and departure station, anyway by tapping on it you will see details so I don't think it raises any confusion.
    Will update the logic, as I think at the moment it makes more confusion!

snus_mumrikken and Brukernavnet like this.
  18. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Yep, this is a tricky one for us as we need to mash PNRs and build a bit of logic. We are aware of this issue and look up a few alternatives.
    It might be we end up having double cards when you have multiple bookings active at the same time. Will this bother you? Or is it viable?

19. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Cool!

#1 yes, I think we should have onboard chats with maybe predefined temporary chat rooms (arrival destination tips, sharing a ride at arrival, airline nerds, ...)

#2 we will include the content of the IFE of long-haul flights in the app, getting movies without an internet connection is not that easy unfortunately.

#3 yes, we flew last week and did the development during the flight, so we need to test more. But you still need the device to connect to SAS WiFi network, but then it will be just one button :)

#4 yes, working on a moving map that will have time to landing. Note that time to landing will never be 100% accurate. If you wonder how ETA is calculated, it's takeoff time + Fuel Trip plan as stated in the flight plan

#5 yes, this is technically possible and the reason why we have a menu in the app now is because we want to get there, that said it's more complex than someone might think. We don't really have an online inventory of what the cart has, so if you are paying in the app and the crew doesn't have what you have ordered, we need to find a way to refund you (and not getting you pissed off) :) so I don't think it will come soon. But we have discussion with the onboard product owner as we really would like to get there one day.

#6 you mean sunset sundown of the destination or the position where you are? We are not able to know your device position as GPS signal is reached only if you are close to the window, so we need to use the a/c position, which we have. So this is checked. Also finding out the sunset and sunrise of that specific long and lat is not a big deal, so checked. But wait now we need to calculate the altitude of the plane as I am expecting this to affect the sunset sundown, well we have altitute, no clue how this affects the sundown sunset but I expect this to be just maths to do, and wait it's not over, we need to know the aircraft speed as well. Challenging but fun! :)

#7 Only way I see is the Flight Deck pushing this info to your app :)

20. Chrisljo

Chrisljo Veteran

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I struggle a bit to explain, even though is feels clear to me :)

Sorting by arrival time is half the objective, but if you do that you will get all connections involving the last arriving flight instead of the the second best arrival flight.

The way I usually solve this is in Google flights is sort either on arrival, and filter on duration and departure time. That usually requires a bit of tweaking, but gives a good overview.

Let’s take the an example, if I search OSL-EWR I want to see the shortest (or cheapest) version of:

OSL-EWR
    OSL-CPH-EWR
    OSL-ARN

as the top 3 choices, sorted by my preference (arrival, departure, cost etc). For days that have multiple CPH-EWR you want 1 version for each of the CPH-EWR flights.

In this example the 3 checked options are objectively «best» for most people, but no sort is going to show them as top 3:

457EE4E4-5AC2-4102-A717-07B81AE8AF89.jpeg

I think what I’m asking for is sort + filter on “show shortest connection only”.

Nordlands, tobeornot999 and magnusant like this.

Del denne siden