Fant ingen tråd på dette så begynner en ny. Jeg har vært trofast Sixt kunde med ca 40 leier de siste 2 årene men etter siste opplevelse i Tromsø er det nok. Under epost jeg sendte som feedback:
I am writing this to give you an extensive feedback on my rental from Sixt in Tromsø, Norway, booking xxxxxxx from xx to xx.
PRIOR TO PICK UP
I called the Sixt office at Tromsø Airport at number +47 xxxxxxxx at xxhxx on xth xxxxxxxxx and spoke for 5 minutes and 17 seconds with a customer agent named xxxxx. I specify the exact time cause upon picking up the keys my call was put into question . I informed xxxxx that my flight had been cancelled and provided with the new flight number and new time of arrival at xxhxx. I also asked him if I could check in online for this rental to save time when collecting as I always do when making bookings with Sixt. I provided my Sixt Platinum card number xxxxxxxx. He said that he is not sure if he can download the details but he will try. He also informed me that since I am a Sixt Platinum member he will be upgrading me to xxxxxxxx. I was happy to hear this since we were 4 travelers with some luggage. Upon arrival to Tromsø I met a different agent who said that I must have called another station, but then I showed her my phone with the log of the phone number which belongs to Tromsø station and the time stamp of the call. I was surprised why I was distrusted.
Upon arrival to the rental desk the customer agent (a different person) informed me that she was unaware of the phone call I had with xxxxxx as he did not inform her about this and that she had prepared a completely different car, but since I had that call and was told that a xxx would be made available for us, then she would call him. She tried to call that agent twice without success. After 15 minutes waiting she informed me that she will provide a xxxxx xxxxx and asked me to pay for the car and settle the deposit. I did all of that and received the contract and was asked to wait some time as the car needed to be prepared.
Another agent that was delivering the keys to the car to the station did not want to give them to me and handed it to the agent behind the desk. She did then a phone call to someone I believe was her supervisor and after further 5 minutes waiting she handed me in the phone. Please see the following course of what happened.
- The agent I was talking on the phone said that I have booked a car through a third party and he refused and rejected to honor my Sixt Platinum membership and hence wanted to cancel the free upgrade unless I was willing to pay for it.
- I informed him that I had booked the car directly with Sixt website using the link that Sixt had provided for SAS Eurobonus Diamond members. The booking site was on sixt.no. I received the booking confirmation from Sixt directly and not from any third party agencies such as Rentalcars or Expedia.
- He did not accept it still and said that "I had got the car super cheap and cannot expect that they will provide a free upgrade to a car that normally cost 3000 NOK for 3 days or more". He said that I will not get the keys unless I accept the extra charge for the upgrade
- At this point there was a queue of at least 6 people behind me including one women with a baby and I did not want to delay it any further. I asked the agent to serve the lady in the queue with the baby first. In the meantime, the agent behind the desk said that I have to pay extra for the car if I want it.
- I informed the agent behind the desk that she offered it at first as I am a Platinum member and I showed her the booking confirmation directly from Sixt and that this was not any third party booking but a direct booking with Sixt. If the Sixt Tromsø staff are not happy about the rate the company offered me, they must take it up internally and not complain to the customer. Beside she had already printed the rental contract and charged me both the rental cost and the deposit for the xxxxx xxxxx car.
- I refused to speak any further to that man on the phone as his tone was aggressive and insulting. The agent at the desk was also looking at me as I am a thief and she said that I have to "either take it or leave it". This was unprofessional. The agent was the first to offer me the upgrade, then another upgrade due to the fact that I was a Platinum member and then refused it and asked me to pay 2000 NOK more.
- I felt humiliated by the staff and told then the agent that she had already prepared the rental contract and assigned the car and now she cannot "blackmail" me that they will charge me additional for the rental upgrade. I asked the agent to call the director of the station and clarify what is their final position. At this stage I had already asked the other rental company next to Sixt for availability of a rental car and since I have also Presidential membership in Avis and Hertz I wanted to get a car from another company.
- After another 30 minutes wait (by this time the whole ordeal had taken 1 hour!) the agent told me that I can drive without any extra charges.
I have rented from your company over 50 times in the last years but this has been the last time!