Ny SAS app - erfaringer

Tråd i 'SAS EuroBonus' startet av Tore, 20. aug 2022.

1. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Hi, correct! Traditional low price calendar is a bit tricky on mobile device especially as we need to handle a 2 calendar view for round trip and print tiny prices which makes it to fail with accessibility which is a prerequisite for airlines, but we are testing a new UI which is a bit unconventional so we are a bit shy and we have hidden it a bit for the moment.

Just for you on this forum: On the flight result page drag down the dates tab ;-)

Be free to shoot feedback! :)

PS: yes, if you wonder there are a few other hidden feature you haven't figure out yet!

2. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I agree, we are also working on adding a flight subscription service so even if you are not on a specific flight you can subscribe to one and you get all flights movements via push, this is good if you go and pick up someone at airport and you get notified when the aircraft touchdown, when is on-block and when the first baggage is in carousel.

Massimo

EndreD, Frode789, kaiarne and 4 others like this.
  3. Wanderlust

Wanderlust Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:

Works like a charm, and looks a lot like what KLM uses on their webpage.

Keep it that way !

themichael liker dette
  4. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Hi, excellent feedback, regarding the TP we just released a basic version for now and we will progressively improve it, like showing better what product you have available and how many punches you have left. Also, we would like to let you decide in settings whether you want the default in Cash, Point or TP.
    Regarding the comment about the crew being able to identify you quickly, maybe we can work out a swipe left to get it up quickly in full screen on landscape mode.
    I took a note!

5. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Noted.
    The TP module was released a week ago on 0.0.13 release and we haven't had the time to test it properly yet, but it seems stable, so this is a first release with the bare booking, will be enhanced with more info. In the next build we are adding Cancel booking and in the release after that, TP rebooking.
    The "me" section requires still a lot of work, it's in its first phase, there is a lot to do there.
    Correct me here if I am wrong, but TP profile info is a section that you don't need to check all the time, right? As it's not changing (apart of the punches saldo) so this is why is not raised in the information architecture

If for non-intuitive you mean the placement on the search module (dropdown to select TP) my guess is that it will improve when in the settings you might want as a user to default TP instead of cash.

But that's why I am here, to listen.

6. tobeornot999

tobeornot999 Flying high

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Would love that. Sometimes it does come in handy, like in the old app where it shows "a diamond plastic card" in landscape mode.

Frode789 liker dette
  7. tobeornot999

tobeornot999 Flying high

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Thanks for updating on the TP part too. It seems a bit random the way TP is "just there" but for no good reason, that's all. But now I know your intentions on adding in more useful TP booking stuff, that all makes sense.

And yes, also I'm happy to hear that you agree on the "Me" section. It's a bit barebone at the moment. Why not display the more from the last few flights/points earned underneath the totals, for instance. After that, there's always the option to drill down and see more if need be.

The bar showing progress from Blue, via silver, gold and diamond seems a bit off too. Maybe because i've got them all, but possibly choosing to show your membership level now and then the progress bar to the next level only?

Also, maybe look to the British Airways app where the "Me" (or "My account" as they like to call it) is more focused on the customer's progress towards the next bonus tier. With graphic pie-charts and all. It's a bit dull, the way you have progress bars in the new app as of yet. But that's just my personal opinion :)

All that being said, it's great that you're here! The best achievements are fruits of collaboration, and I hope the next SAS app (good as it looks already) will be even better before it is officially launched.

Last edited: 22. sept 2022
    haifinn and WannaBeFrequentFlyer like this.
  8. Rapolo

Rapolo Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    @Massimo In the home screen of the app there is this 'offers for Europe' section. Seems like it by default show fares from OSL. Would be better if that show fares from the customers' home town. Either by linking it to the address/GPS location or that we can select the city we prefer.

markus liker dette
  9. tobeornot999

tobeornot999 Flying high

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    In my case, the offers are from OSL, which happens to be my home AP.

But seeing as the app is built to take available data into consideration, I do agree that it makes sense to offer travels out of TRD (for instance) if that's your home base.

It would be better to let users choose a home base than to offer tickets from whereever you are based on GPS though. Otherwise my "home base" would be in many a Norwegian city and beyond :)

10. stakar

stakar Frequent Traveler - EBP

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    In the Past Trip section there are many trips missing. In my case it is above 30% of the SK flights missing since 2013. The app states 1001 trips, but App in the Air where I track all my flights states 1339 trips since 2014. Most common seat although is correct 1D :)

11. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Yes, I agree, at the moment we have a basic rule to define your default airport according to your device locale, NO=OSL, SE=ARN DK=CPH but we will be adding a default airport choice in settings which then can trigger the home screen offers, and the origin default airport on the search screen.

Let me know if that is good enough.

Massimo

12. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:

@stakar Can't really answer this, as long as you have added the EB number the flights shall appear, maybe you have some flights operated by another carrier that we don't receive and I am not sure about the award bookings if they get filtered out, I can check that.
    If you write me an email with your flight logs and give me content I can pull up your flights and check why we are not finding those.

13. snus_mumrikken

snus_mumrikken Eventyrar

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    First I have to say that I really like the app, it's really looking promising.

I have a question about time between flights on a overnight connection, then you have to swipe right so see the next flight which I actually like but would still be great to show time between overnight flights as well. Possible to add this?

I'm also missing some flights on the map which shows in the list. (I did send in a bug report on this)

Also it would be great if award trips also those on *A could be shown, it does say in the old app how many award tickets has been issued. So I would think you had data on the award trips also for *A as they are issued on 117- ticket numbers.

14. Rapolo

Rapolo Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    The easiest will be as you suggest, let the traveler select their home airport. For travelers like myself having a non-hub airport (SVG) as my home airport it makes sense to not only include the 499/599/699 etc direct flight offers, but also include connecting flights even though the fare will not be that impressing in terms of price.

For period when you have offers for flights paid by points, it would be great to include those as well in the same section or in a separate below to distinguish between cash and points.

Another thing that would be amazing to have, either in the app or on the web page is the possibility to book Star Alliance (*A) trips with mixed classes (possible with other *A companies as United) and also increasing the flexibility in the booking tool so it shows more combination of flights than today. Now you could search from A-C and do not find flights, but if one search A-B and B-C there are available flights that are bookable by calling to the booking team. The dream would of course be a feature allowing us to 'build' the route ourselves by adding flight by flight. Even if it would require manual sign off by a traveler consultant afterwards on your end it think it would be a great feature for many of us. As you are able to build bookings flight by flight on your end I assume it is technically possible to put the same feature in the app or on the web page. I'm not aware of the cost used to operate the Star Alliance booking team, but I assume it is quite labor intensive compared to the amount of customers served. Based on experience, booking a *A trip could easily take 20-30 minutes per booking, even if you have everything prepared by having searched all flights online and know the flight numbers etc.

By the way, I think the new app is a great improvement compared to the old one and much better than many other apps from way larger airlines.

15. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:

#layover
    Yes, so at the moment we divide the trips into bounds, each bound might have multiple flight legs, on those we print the "connecting time" as you know already, we can add a new line in the itinerary like this when we have another additional bound:

upload_2022-9-23_12-24-35.png

Is this what you are referring to?

#airborne flights missing
    Yes, probably they are wet least flights Link, Connect, Cityjet, X-fly, Air Baltic as they are not in the feed we are using. For Link and Connect we are working on finding a way to add those as well.

#3 *A booking
    Well if they are tickets issued by us, they should be listed. I will check and revert.

snus_mumrikken liker dette
  16. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:

Hi, yes I think we will be building a better offering page in the future to allow you to browse thru recommendations. We did some concept design also to browse destinations by weather, temperature, price ,...

When it comes to the *A booking, yes I think we should (and will) have Star booking in the app, but we might need to check the issues we have with the main booking flow, make award booking flow stable, add Amex 247, MC Premium and corporate net fares. So there is still a lot to do.
    When it comes to open jaw is not that complex technologically speaking is more a UX issue, Circle Trips (complex itinerary) is more of a challenge due to how the underlying booking engine, availability, and pricing engine works, but we will analyze it, as you said it's demanding and expensive for both of us, you as a traveler and us a carrier to manage this manually.

Thanks for the last comment.
    Keep helping us make this world-class!

Massimo

SilverBird, Skarven, Frode789 and 3 others like this.
  17. Are

Are EBD - Eurobonusekspert? InsideFlyer Ambassadør

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I have the same issue, this is nowhere to be found in my app.
    Also S21, phone language is English, not sure of that can influence anything?
    I have 800+ flights since 2013 so should be some statistics to be found :D

18. Upsaker

Upsaker Fastboende

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Same here on iPhone 13 mini with english as a language.

19. snus_mumrikken

snus_mumrikken Eventyrar

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:

20. morradi

morradi Senior Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Det er nettopp en slik innstilling som burde gjennomsyre hele SAS!

I must say I am very impressed by the postive attitude that @Massimo (and presumably the rest of the developing team) display by interacting with a group of their most valuable customers here at IF.

Thank you!

SilverBird, Skarven, EndreD and 8 others like this.

Del denne siden