Ny SAS app - erfaringer

Tråd i 'SAS EuroBonus' startet av Tore, 20. aug 2022.

1. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    yes, I agree it will be nice to get the gate agent to send a push, technologically speaking is not complex, but it requires a manual procedure, so the day that they fail the procedure due to irregularity or whatever, it might generate a problem for you.
    That being said, the current build has a nice feature that can support a similar use case, when you pull up the app and boarding has started the home screen will display the boarding progress in real-time

upload_2022-9-20_11-50-13.png

Avixlo, pgaa, Bolle and 25 others like this.
  2. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Yes we are showing the full aircraft rotation for the day, in the above screenshot, it was an early morning flight, so the first flight of the day. You will be able to see all previous flights of the day and their block time. And as someone pointed out here, the actual ATA can help you to predict when boarding could start.

EndreD, markus, RoadKing and 6 others like this.
  3. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    yes just send me an email again, sorry I underestimated the interest in testing so I have a bit of an email backlog, but just send a reminder and I'll be better! :)

OyB, Chrisljo, lokke and 4 others like this.
  4. Nuvolari

Nuvolari EBD

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Great work Massimo!

Skarven, markus, RoadKing and 7 others like this.
  5. Brukernavnet

Brukernavnet EBD

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Are there specific (hardware?) requirements for the 'Past Trips' to show up? I'm on a Galaxy S21 with app version 0.0.13, and I can only see upcoming trips, no past trips

trygveat and themichael like this.
  6. tobeornot999

tobeornot999 Flying high

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I love that feature!

And in general it's great they way you're moving towards pulling data from all available sources and presenting them to the app users.

RoadKing, Massimo and themichael like this.
  7. themichael

themichael EBD

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Thanks for all the great feedback. I absolutely love the boarding process status. I already see my self following it when I am seated on the plane :D.

I have seen that you also included the possibility to purchase meals in SAS Go. That's a very welcome app feature as well.

Screenshot_20220920-164834.png

I know that a lot of people travelling in SAS Plus would appreciate the opportunity to pre-select a meal as well (now, you basically have no choice - everyone gets the included standard meal). I am aware that this is not only a question of app development, but also the service level SAS is willing to provide. However, it would be a great improvement for many and might even help SAS to save money as some people might choose the cheaper pizza over the more expensive meal box. And some might even choose to not eat anything at all.

Skarven, Frode789, Thomas123 and 2 others like this.
  8. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    No, it shall work in both Android and iOS in the same way.
    There are 2 things, one is "where have you been" it's more a log of flights since we have data about you, 2013" the other one is showing the recent flow trips, this last one isn't developed yet.

But you should be able to see this banner which leads to a list of flights plotted on a map.

upload_2022-9-20_17-17-47.png

markus, RoadKing and Brukernavnet like this.
  9. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Ah yes, I see your point and agree! I see some challenges but I will send this comment to our product department working with inflight service.

Question back, for a GO traveler do you see useful as a traveler to purchase and pay for your meal from within the app while airborne, or flashing Apple Wallet or Credit Card is still an easier experience? Given we are solving the problem of refund if one of the items pre-purchase is not available when the crew serves you.

BTW, have you seen the in-app Caffe Menu available on the day of departure on the home screen?

markus and themichael like this.
  10. Brukernavnet

Brukernavnet EBD

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    This is is how My trips look for me:

Screenshot_20220920_172550.jpg Screenshot_20220920_172921.jpg

And this is the stats in the older app, so there should be data:
    Screenshot_20220920_173049.jpg

Edit: Changed images to thumbnails

Last edited: 20. sept 2022
  11. themichael

themichael EBD

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Personally, I prefer contactless payment by card on the plane. But that might not be representative.

I cannot remember if the menu was available on the home screen. It was also a morning flight where most people in SAS Plus just take the breakfast box. But I will check on the way back on Thursday. I did however see the menu under "My trips".

Last edited: 20. sept 2022
    Skarven and Massimo like this.
  12. Massimo

Massimo Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Ok would you mind filing a ticket under more > Tech Support so we can check why is not showing, so we can follow this up there. If you could add there your EB number or username, it helps us find it.

Brukernavnet liker dette
  13. Brukernavnet

Brukernavnet EBD

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Done. Thanks for quick feedback!
    I also like the fact I can check the status of bug reports submitted.

Massimo liker dette
  14. ValdresBjarne

ValdresBjarne Om eg går på jakt? Ja, bonusjakt

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Have only done a brief check on the app, but it looks great. Past summary is fantastic, lots of information.
    Would love to have a low price calender on the booking site, but I am guesing it tricky with the small screen.
    Have been using lots of different apps for flying, and they all seem to be a bit ustable. The old SAS app has been solid, but dated. Looking forward to test it live!
    Great Job!

Skarven and themichael like this.
  15. tobeornot999

tobeornot999 Flying high

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Gull :)

Skal sjekke ut med en SAS flight på melkerute til CPH over helgen.

16. tobeornot999

tobeornot999 Flying high

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Thanks for the reply. In that case this feature can be really helpful.

On another point: The "me" screen seems the least appealing one in the new app. Any plans to change that?

I've got a travel pass, and it shows within the "me" page, but with no info but the travel pass number and the expiry date.

Also, it would be good some times to be able to pull up the diamond card as in the old app similar page. If the crew would like to see a visible sign of your status.

Yes, it says diamond in written words, but it was way easier quickly flashing the diamond card in the old app when need be.

Frode789 liker dette
  17. stakar

stakar Frequent Traveler - EBP

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    It shows both Travel Pass number and expiry date on mine.

18. tobeornot999

tobeornot999 Flying high

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    Same here, and that's all.

It's not clickable, nor of any other use as far as I can see?

And although the place to look it's not super-intuitive, I like the fact that it's now possible to "pay" with TPC instead where it says "Norwegian KR" as default.

19. Rohass

Rohass Aktivt Medlem

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:

20. watchaddicted

watchaddicted Reisende fant

Likes mottatt:
    Bonuspoeng:
    I must say @Massimo, all the new futures looks amazing. I really like the ability to track the aircraft so you can predict if its delayed or not. Keep up the good work:)

Skarven, Frode789, Massimo and 3 others like this.

Del denne siden